Losing and Finding My Way...

Friday, January 26, 2007

Just A Number

That was the title of an email I got from the Biggest Loser Club. I am not an official member because I don't want to pay to be a member of the club... but because I gave them my initial information, they send me the teaser emails- you know, a bit of information but you have to be a member to get the whole kit and caboodle- and 'Just Another Number' was the title of the one I got yesterday Anywho- I'm glad I did get it when I did because I had been working out for a few days and lo and behold I hop on the scale feeling all good about myself and the damn thing said I gained four pounds!!! Yikes... but like I said, I was feeling really good about myself and I was having more energy and muscles were feeling tighter and maybe even a bit sore... so I thought to myself, I am not going to weigh myself for a couple of weeks because I don't want the damn machine discouraging me... make sense?!?!?

And then... my BLC teaser email vindicated me!!!! I am going to share not only so you all can see what I am talking about but also because it looks like at least a couple of you could use the information to your benefit as well =)

Fitness expert Michael Scholtz responds:
Remember, changing scales doesn't change your weight, it just changes the number at which the machine registers your weight.
This is an important moment. The frustration with the numbers you're seeing is real and understandable when you're working hard. If the numbers and the illusion of starting over make you lose focus on all the things you're doing right, then you risk letting this situation cause you to give up what you have accomplished so far.
What is more important, the way you feel about what you've done or what the scale has to say about it?
It's an important question!
Now then, I don't know about you but it made me feel better... so, alas, I won't be weighing in for a couple of weeks; as a matter of fact, I am going to put the scale in the closer and I will weigh in on February 7th!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i totally agree - how you FEEL is way more important and way more satisfying than what the scale says... we've all had bad days where what number we saw, dictated how we felt for the rest of the day... quite simply: letting an inanimate object make us feel bad is sp stupid and yet, it happens... overcoming that requires work but it IS possible... :o)

    i'm surprised they haven't made a movie about this yet... ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home