Losing and Finding My Way...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's Been So Long

I cannot get over how time is flying by... what a slacker I have been. I am feeling like updating on the past week and then moving on to where I plan on going (borrowing some thoughts from Renee). This could turn out to be a very long entry or perhaps I will divide into two and will finish tonight (I have a stronger feeling that this is what will result).

On to the update!
Not a clue as to how much I weigh at the moment. I haven't stepped on the scale in I don't know how many days nor have I thought of it. Haven't really had any chocolate since last week and haven't had much of an appetite either.

As for my goals (considering I kept the same ones):
Goal 1: I will work out three times by next Friday for at least half an hour (like I said, baby steps)
Unfortunately I did not make my goal of three workouts. I only made it to two and I am disappointed about that I and I am not off to a good start for this week either. I am working on it though and know that something is changing as I look forward to working out and I feel great once I am done!

Goal 2: Continue with my fruits and veggies for snacks but also attempt to cut down on carbs and empty calories a bit more... (I don't typically drink sodas and such but have them once in a while so I will stay away from them, juices, and candy/chocolate)
I recall having some chocolate last week but didn't even snack too much. I did eat some applesauce which was quite yummy and I had a good stock of bananas! This week my appetite is less than it was last week so haven't been thinking too much on snacking.

Goal 3: Maintain the 5 pound weight loss.
As I said I have yet to check my weight but when I do I am hoping that those extra pounds have stayed away!!!

I have found that this weight loss journey has, by far, become more of an internal challenege than I first expected. I do not mean that I am surprised by the struggles and obstacles that I will be facing and have faced but I mean more of the feelings and introspectiveness that have started to occur. Maybe I am just at that point in my life where I am looking at things differently or maybe my weightloss journey is more soulful than I anticipated. I am not complaining and I know that every accomplishment will mean that much more to me!

I am definitely dividing this post up and finishing later on this evening. So, on a final note (at least for the moment) I noticed a quote hear at work today on the InfoTV:

"Things turn out best for those that make the best of the way things turn out."
-Art Linkletter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home