Losing and Finding My Way...

Friday, September 23, 2005

Goal Update

So, here I was this whole day thinking I had nothing to write about but I was wrong. Remembering the goals I posted last Friday with the promise of updating how I did with them this Friday and also revising or making new goals... Perhaps this is something that I should have been thinking about all week and not just occurring to me today.

Anyhoo, on to the update:
Goal 1: I will work out three times by next Friday for at least half an hour (like I said, baby steps)
I did NOT work out three times by today- shame on me. I think I got to maybe one workout and if I have to think about it, it must not have been the memorable or good of a workout. Will have to work on this one... *** please see yesterday's post ***
Goal 2: I will also cut out any snacking during the week aside from fruits and vegetables; no chocolate or other candy
I did fairly well with this one. I did have Rita's water ice on Saturday night and had chocolate yesterday (sorry, it is that time of the month and everything- ugh) but aside from that I can't recall where I really strayed from this one!!!
Goal 3: And lose 3 pounds... hmm. Should be interesting considering it is the week before that time of the month!
Well, as of Wednesday morning the scale was hovering at 200 pounds which would mean a solid 5 pound loss... alas we shall confirm this coming Wednesday I hope!

Now, with that said I am going to attempt to revise and update my goals:
Goal 1: I will work out three times by next Friday for at least half an hour (like I said, baby steps)
Goal 2: Continue with my fruits and veggies for snacks but also attempt to cut down on carbs and empty calories a bit more... (I don't typically drink sodas and such but have them once in a while so I will stay away from them, juices, and candy/chocolate)
Goal 3: Maintain the 5 pound weight loss.

Onto other news... so proud of myself today. I asked Brad if he wanted me to meet him for lunch and he said he would and then later this morning requested McDonald's... mmm. I will admit it has been a good while since he and I have treated ourselves to some McD's... and I could have really gone for a big ole sloppy Big Mac with some fries and a big coke... but no. I did instead go with the crispy chicken caesar salad... crispy instead of grilled, I know, isn't the best choice I could have made but it is so good!!! Ah well, it was good although I think I still would have preferred the Big Mac but I know that later on there would have been regret... ahhh.

Now for the weekend... going to a family outing at the smorgasbord tomorrow for lunch. What do y'all think of that?!?!? It won't be so bad though, I typically fill up on salad first anyway so I am looking forward to it! The rest of the weekend should be smooth sailing... will fill you in as to how it goes on Monday.


1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Dee said…

    Wow Congrats firstly for the 5lbs lost and then the lunch date - you definitely have more willpower then me heh.

    You're doing wonderfully, I agree with Adam keep with the baby steps and you'll do fine ;D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home