Losing and Finding My Way...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Some more thoughts...

So I have been thinking more about exercising... I don't know why I cannot get my butt in gear enough to get some exercise. I know for a fact, from past experience, that there is always time for exercise. My reasoning behind this logic is two-fold: 1) When one is sitting there on their butts watching TV or playing on the computer, they could very well be doing something fantastic in terms of health! On the same note, I always fit in at least an hour and a half of exercise while in college, working two jobs, full course schedule and too many extracurricular activies to count. 2) My other point is that if you find the time to get in a good workout you more than likely will find renewed energy and strength and be able to tackle whatever had to be set on a side burner in order to fit in the exercise.
SO... with this logic, I am asking myself, why? I can tell you the TV shows I have watched every night this week... I happen to have a Gazelle- lovely machine those things are- and yet, it sits against the wall while I sit and watch my CSI or some such thing. Now, after asking my self why? I tell myself there is no excuse. I am looking at this as an "A-HA" moment and am sharing it with you as it dawns on me... NO excuses... no logic behind excuses...

I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again. I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person!! ~ Og Mandino



2 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Bex said…

    I feel you girl. I need to get my butt in gear and exercise, too! For me, there are always a million excuses not to and just one for why I should - the one for why I should so outweighs the millions of others.

    Og Mandino knew what he was talking about. That's a great quote and mantra.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Dee said…

    Awesome Mantra Tiff.

    I have a treaders and for a long long time it was a dust collector, so I know how easy it is to just shrug exercise off - to let excuses win.

    I started by running while I was watching TV just so I'm still doing what I wanted + what I needed to do... thing is now I'm slowly starting to want to run rather then watch Tv.

    You have a great attitude, reading this post got me pumped for the day heh.

    A really odd thing though - I'm now incredibly aware of blinking my eyes haha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home