Losing and Finding My Way...

Friday, September 30, 2005

Whew! A Whole Week!!!

I cannot get over the fact that it truly has been a whole week since I have posted here... I know I had intentions to do so at least three or four times but apparently that did not come to fruition now did it!?!?!

Anyways, a lot of fun stuff I have to update on!
First, the five punds lost is totally real!!! YAHOO!!! I waited until this week to weigh in at home and at work, and lo and behold, both scales showed the loss!!! I am way pumped and definitely ready for another week...

My eating wasn't quite up to snuff but to be honest I have not really been that hungry. But when I did eat it was pretty good... I will admit to having hot dogs the other night for dinner but I have been wanting them for a couple of weeks and they sure did hit the spot, plus I did not eat lunch (bad, I know) so I had the room in my diet for the day.

Let me update on my goals for last Friday:
Goal 1: I will work out three times by next Friday for at least half an hour (like I said, baby steps)
I did work out three times this week, once out for a hard core walk and the other two times on my Gazelle!!!! I am so proud of myself for accomplishing this that I am excited to see if I can do it next week as well. The weather here has been gorgeous... fall has definitely arrived so I do believe a hike may be in order tomorrow... will have to see how the fiance is feeling when he gets home from work!

Goal 2: Continue with my fruits and veggies for snacks but also attempt to cut down on carbs and empty calories a bit more... (I don't typically drink sodas and such but have them once in a while so I will stay away from them, juices, and candy/chocolate)
Haven't had sodas or juice this week... so I guess it has been water, and I have had milk a couple of time with dinner. I did make brownies because I was supposed tohave my bridal party over and a girlfriend who will be doing the makeup for the wedding... turns out she couldn't make it and I was left with brownies but I have shown a lot of restraint I must say... Brad will end up eating most of them, no doubt. So I will admit to having had some chocolate this week but have been keeping an eye on it so that I haven't been going overboard or anything!

Goal 3: Maintain the 5 pound weight loss.
Consider it maintained!!! I guess this means I can move my weight loss tracker... although some part of me fears doing that in case I am jinxing myself or something. I have actually lost a little more than 5 pounds but I am not ready to accept that quite yet... I will be looking forward to what the scale says on Wednesday.

So it is the weekend yet again... I am already planning on having some pizza this week but other than that nothing spectactular or anything that will put my 5-pound loss in jeopardy... and with the idea of a nice half day (or so) hike on the horizon I am totally looking forward to it.

I am going to stick with the same goals as above and then change them once I have lost a couple of more pounds... with the wedding four weeks from tomorrow I know I will be concentrating on that a lot along with work being a busy, crazy place!!!

I think, if I find myself with a few extra dollars (yeah right) I am going to go out and get me some new workout clothes... we shall see but not only will I look cute but it will also be motivation...

Two more things and then I am out:
1- I am pumped because I am in an MSN group through the WebMD diet club and this week I am in the spotllight!!! That's cool...

2- I have been considering doing a (half-) marathon. Obviously I am in no shape to do one now but this is an interesting thing... it is called "Train to End Stroke" and the purpose is you sign up, designate a hero (a stroke victim or survivor) and you train with support of the American Stroke Association and then you get donations and end up running/walking, but completing a half or full marathon, in some exotic place... like Hawaii. My mom is a stroke survivor and so it would serve two purposes for me... to honor my mom and to get in shape. Hmm... I will put the link on the sidebar...

Well if that's not enough for one post I don't know what is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home