Losing and Finding My Way...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Oprah said...

So, I am considering making brownies this afternoon- as a matter of fact, I am pretty sure I am making brownies this afternoon. Why? Because I really want one. Now, I had a chat with myself while cleaning the dishes if I am well aware of how much weight I have to lose, why in heaven's name am I going to make brownies to just have sitting around my kitchen. I answered myself by saying I really want one and I like the way they taste. SO this conversation with myself got more in depth and got to the big question of why do I eat what I know is not good for me and certainly won't help me lose weight... my answer was because I like to eat and I like the way food tastes. Sounds like a fairly simple and straightforward answer if you ask me. And then... oh yes, I remember Miss Oprah saying that she used to think the same and it was W.R.O.N.G. There is something deeper- an underlying something or other- that makes a person eat, whether it be the wrong things or too much... ugh. You know what that means??? I want to make and eat my brownies but I don't know why!?!?!?!? Something to ponder while they're baking I suppose... (oh yeah, and I plan on going onto oprah.com to see if I can get a little help getting to the bottom of this!)

3 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Alysha said…

    Ha! I have brownies baking the oven for the third time this week. What does that say??? :-)

    I remember Oprah talking about that, and for some people I think it's true. However, I think for others - like maybe you and me - it really IS just a matter of eating because it tastes good and not having a good "off" switch.

    I just don't know if I buy the deep-seated pyschological explanation for everyone. :) Or mabye I'm just in deep denial. ;)

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Health Yatra said…

    That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Medical Procedure in India said…

    Thanks for sharing that. It was fun reading it. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home